Wednesday, October 28, 2009

resentment rides high but emotions won't grow

a snappy comment here.

a retort there.

empty spaces in between. of nothing. of everything.
and finally. you give me what i need.

"you just don't get me."
funny. the thing that seemed to bring us together, is now the thing that tears us apart.
"be good," i say.
and you. so calm.... "you be good."
"i plan on it."

and here it comes, the kicker.
"being is better than planning."
you. setting the moral standard of the day. you. turn me upside down and inside out.

you.

this is just what i needed. at the moment, i don't hate you. So, i apologize. "i know i sometimes acted like a child. and i'm sorry for it."

here, you go. "don't be. it's in the past."

the past. sooner forgotten than relived. But, luckily, you just gave me exactly what i needed.

Closure.

I feel right. i feel good. and i'm done with you.

No comments: