Saturday, November 29, 2008

Very Personal. And Traumatic.

I was attacked by a dragonfly yesterday.
Yes, attacked.
I was about to sit down when I felt something pelt my chest. I looked up very annoyed thinking some little bratty kid had thrown a ball or something at me. I guess that because I am a very positive person (?) it didn't occur to me that it could have easily been a gun shot piercing the right side of my chest.
But, it wasn't a ball, a gun shot or even Cupid's arrow. It was a dragonfly. Yes, a dragonfly. Of small and insignificant stature. He/She was clearly trying to kill me.
Because I won't back down from anyone (especially not a dragonfly) I continued to take my chair. The dragonfly (seriously) leered at me form a couple of feet away. I tried not to be intimidated by this dragonfly because our body ratio was clearly like a million to one. If need be, I would definitely be able to take this dragonfly.
After a couple of minutes, I began to relax. The dragonfly was obviously over it's bout of insanity. I would occasionally glance up from the computer screen to see if the dragonfly was still there.
Yep. That little troublemaker was not moving.
(Before I proceed with this very fascinating story, I'd like to make note that a dragonfly attempt has been made on me before. I was walking through downtown and one clearly aimed at me head. My quick reflexes guided me to move and avoid being beheaded by said dragonfly)
I was about to gather my belongings and be on my merry way when the freaking dragonfly lunged at me, once again. I was able to stay out of it's way, lucky for him/her.
When I told multiple people of this horrifying story, I got two people telling me it was good luck.
Good luck?
I googled this tiny bit of information and found no website that said a dragonfly making an attempt on your life was good luck. However, I did read that dragonflies tend to symbolize good luck and freedom.
Let's hope a bird shits on my head next.

No comments: